Friday, February 5, 2010

Sweet Stuff


More cards! I should be studying, but I think that my crafting mojo is coming back!
This first one is for Stamping Sisters for Christ, inspired by the Scripture: Matthew 18:4 "Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
The challenge is to make a card with either an image of a child, or child-like objects, without being a baby card. What brings out the child in all of us better than ice cream!! Cutting this with the Sweet Treats cartridge was a breeze, but I personalized it with Cuttlebug embossing folders (inked gently to highlight), and a Studio G stamp. Yum!


This next one is for Clean and Simple Stamping. Their clean and crisp designs are totally my style, even though I never feel my cards are quite as striking as their fabulous designers! Oh well, I am still happy with this cute little Valentine!


Finally, this is my hubby's Valentine. Shhh! Don't tell! I struggle with men's cards, but was happy to try out my new Don Juan Cricut cartridge, using the "stitched" feature. It created tiny little holes for me to sew on, and after a couple of layout changes, this is what I came up with. Nothing flashy, but the four hearts signify the two of us and our two daughters, and I'm sure he'll appreciate what I write inside more anyway!

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. These are all totally adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are all fantastic! That ice cream cone card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards! That ice cream looks good enough to eat! It does remind me of my childhood. Excellent interpretation of the challenge! Thank you for playing with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW == these are all great -- what brought me here was to tell you congratulations on your Shining Star award -- your "Sweet Stuff" is fab.

    ReplyDelete