Friday, February 5, 2010

Circle Mania


I'm back again to 2S4Y! And I finally figured out how to create links, oooh, aahhh! This week's sketch is a circle, which I haven't done in quite a while. I decided my circle nestabilities were too small, so I pulled out my gypsy and welded some 5.25 circles together! I got to use my Verve Stamps yet again, and a double sided piece of paper from Michael's. The turquoise has a beautiful sheen to it. I used a random swirly die-cut that I had around from a previous project, and remembered to break out my stash of flowers. The edges of the circles and sentiment are distressed (with my fingernail), which reminds me to invest in one of those handy edge distressers. I couldn't decide if I liked the pearls or rhinestones better, but I think this works!

This is actually the third circle card I made, I guess I was on a roll! I started with these two, kind of inspired by an earlier card. Those cuttlekids dies are so cute, but I am not sure if they are still making them. Simple and cute ways to use up scraps and welcome a new baby boy!
Thanks for looking, and I love your comments!


4 comments:

  1. These are all adorable!! Love the color combo in the 1st card - really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards! So colorful! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are absolutely fantabulous!! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all are gorgeous - especially the colors on the first one
    thanks for sharing
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete