Friday, January 8, 2010

Necessity is the Mother of All Invention


Ok, so I didn't actually invent anything here, but I did try out some new techniques here! I really wanted to use some glimmer mist to give this butterfly some shimmer (the metallic ink just wasn't enough), but alas, I don't have any in my stash! As I dug through my drawers, I came across the Martha Stewart glitter I had left almost untouched from last year's Christmas clearance. I finally figured out how to use Stampin' Up's Heat and Stick Powder, and voila! I now have a beautiful blingy butterfly for my Grandma's 85th Birthday!! I finished it off with a special two colored bow, and now it's off to the mailbox!

This is also my submission for 2S4Y's Sketch 43. Thank you ladies for letting me play along - following your work and using your inspiration has really helped my card making!

The colors are a little off because I couldn't use a flash, but it's a nice cream color, with a light teal patterned paper.
Here's a more direct angle...

The butterfly is a Martha Stewart stamp, the background flourish is Autumn Leaves, and the sentiment is Stampendous, from the same set as the "enjoy" from my previous cupcake card post. The tan base is Spellbinders Labels Eight. The paper is old, but appropriate for this card! I can't believe I cut into a whole 12x12 piece of paper for just this little card, but Grandmas are worth it!!

------------------------------------

I couldn't help but post this too - it's my little one getting crafty herself, or should I say, ON herself.... Only washable markers for my girls!






3 comments:

  1. Lovely card! You know, I have to try some of that glimmer mist! Fun picture of your daughter! :) Thanks for playing along with us at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. that butterfly is stunning :) Thanks for sharing
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet face! :) Your card is stunning! Thanks for joining the fun at 2S4Y!

    ReplyDelete