Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quinceañera Invitations

The Hispanic version of a Sweet Sixteen is actually celebrated at age 15, and is called a Quinceañera. I had someone asking about a larger invitation than the standard A2 cards I usually make, so after some surfing, I came up with these rough ideas. They are generally simple, and have a lot of room to be spiffed up, but I thought they are pretty neat! Apparently pocket fold invitations are all the rage now, and these include a 4-bar card for the RSVP.

This first one is my take on the pocketfold card featured in the new Stampin Up catalog. I like theirs better, but I didn't have directions, so I was making it up as I went along. The lace trim is a Martha Stewart Punch, and the Quinceañera stamp is from Stampin Up! and the high heel is a Studio G. This particular card fits in a 5x7 envelope, but an envelope for the RSVP wouldn't fit, so I would probably make them a bit bigger, and either find specialty envelopes, or just have them hand delievered.


This next one is using the instructions from http://www.projectwedding.com/wiki/show/diy-wedding-challenge-2-panel-pocketfold-invitations-from-scratch. This one is pretty versatile, because you can have two panels of text, or use one for a photo. Again, I kept it pretty simple, just for a sample, but I think the possibilities are endless! I think with both of the invites, they would look so much better in a solid color (not white), with some coordinating patterned paper. This stamp is another Stampin Up! set, from last season. This one is closer to the A2 size, when folded.





2 comments:

  1. hey im turning 15 in 20 days and i was looking for an invitation thats like kinda the same as the first one youu can email me on camilaluna74@hotmail.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the paper card you were using for this invitation, and color pink is really the appropriate colors for teens. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete