Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm up for a Challenge!

While I probably spend too much time online, checking out the cricut message boards and blogs has really helped me to improve the quality of my cards. Sketches and challenges are just a part of that, helping me to expand my creativity! Plus, part of the reason I started a blog anyway was so that I can participate in such challenges! So here's my debut, for http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/ It's Christmas in July! This one is mostly out of scraps I had too, but I finally got to use a stamp set I picked up for $3.50 a while ago. I colored it with Prisma pencils and Goo-Gone. The shape it is on is from the Storybook cartridge (I know, it's awesome). Of course, being a Cuttlebug challenge, it has to be embossed, and appropriately, I used the snowflake folder. The bow and ribbon is kind of thick and large, but I liked how it looks like a big present!

It was a lot more fun making a Christmas card in July instead of last minute in December, so you might be seeing more of these along the way!

3 comments:

  1. I love this card! Especially since you got used out of a cheap stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! That bow is to die for!! So glad you joined us for this weeks Cuttlebug Spot challenge! I hope you'll play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big bow! You're right..it looks like a big beautiful present. nice job!

    ReplyDelete