Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Birthday MeMe!

Here is a project that was a bit stressful, but fun! I love doing girly things, so when I was asked to do these cards for a 21st birthday party, I tried to have fun with it. This is not exactly how they looked, but I was seriously pressed for time. I revisited the design and made a sample for myself. The only difference is that on the original the ribbon was plain, and had three rhinestones. With more time, I added the loops, and like the overall look much better. I was so happy to find the zebra print paper, by Anna Griffin, and was flocked! The pink was Bazzil Bling, and I used Storybook cartridge for the numbers and the scalloped square. I don't have a picture of the inside, but I had an awesome pink flourish and a black high heel stamped there.


Now, I was also recruited to make the cake, which might have been a mistake - it is so much harder than it looks! I made my own marshmallow fondant, which tastes better than storebought, but it turned out a lot lumpier than I would have liked. Even though it did look a bit less lumpy when I delievered it... The ribbons are not edible or anything, but I did add some shimmery (edible) pearl powder over the surface which gave it a nice shimmer. I wasn't able to attend the party, so I hope it tasted alright! I had to experiment and learn a lot about different icings, and dowels, and me and my kitchen were a bit of a wreck for a while. Perhaps I will leave this up to the professionals... eventhough, I did see somewhere that you can use your Cricut to cut gumpaste for cakes... Perhaps that's another adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment