Friday, July 17, 2009

Birthday Gifts

Here are a couple of crafty things I did for our friend and Spanish Pastor's birthday. First, a custom T-shirt with the church initials (Spanish Bible World Church). I used Cricut Design Studio to weld the cross together, and cut it out of Freezer Paper. (Yeah, the kitchen kind) I ironed it on (shiny side down) and used it as a stencil. Pretty neat, right? Whoever came up with that idea was a lot more creative than me! Anyway, I would recommend next time using a light colored shirt and dark paint, because it was a pain to get good paint coverage. Overall, this is a technique I will be trying again!




This is the card I made to go with it. It's half in Spanish, and half in English, but that is what happens when I am working on it! The cute Chihuahua is a Studio G stamp, and the sentiment is from Stampin Up! The papers are just odds and ends I had in my scrap box. It seemed a little plained, so I made a little pull tab that says "Happy Birthday" when you pull it out. My camera batteries died before I could get a picture of that!



That's it for now, but I have a new fun project coming up, that I am excited to share!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT job!!! I need to try thr freezer paper....thanks for inspiring me!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Card! Great job on coloring the stamp.

    ReplyDelete